Monday, June 4, 2012

The highly anticipated, most wonderful closing of a chapter in the never ending T-ball season

It all began in March when it was decided that the kids need to broaden their athletic scope to include things outside of soccer.
It almost ended a week later when the practice and games schedules were handed out and I nearly fainted at the idea of practices at 7pm, practices three nights a week, 15 games in a season, away games with travel time of 40 minutes each way, mandatory selling of raffle tickets, and "encouraged" volunteering at the concession stand.  All of this with a 15 month old!  Huh?

However, we started this party and paid our money, so to the dance floor we went.
This was the first night that Prez received his uniform and he didn't part with that hat, except for his bath.

  You might be wondering why my child is sleeping on a mattress with no sheets.  The perfectly sane reason for this is that he wanted to.  You see, Bubble's friend was coming to spend the night the following night so I wanted the sheets cleaned in anticipation of her arrival.  Prez, however, thought it was bumpy and cool.  It was 9:30 at night;  I didn't care.

Warming up for his final game.  Yes, folks, I said final game.  I'm such a great mom that I realized I had managed to survive the entire season, but only by the hair of my chinney, chin, chin.  So, never having a camera with me (much less extra water, snacks, diapers, sunscreen, bug spray, portable chairs, etc.) I had one very gracious moment of mercy when God made it possible that I remembered the camera and it had a charge!  Yeah, God!

"Seriously, another picture, Mom?"  

Lining it up for a perfect homerun!

Well, not this time, but two other times with one resulting in a grand slam!  Go, Prez!

He loved the season and wanted to play in the All-Star game, which he was picked for.  Can you guess what I said?

"Honey, ain't nobody got time for that!"

No comments:

Post a Comment