Monday, October 17, 2011

Concert memory for a lifetime

Five excited girls, five tickets to a sold out show, one chauffeur, one Taylor Swift concert!
Two weekends ago? I'm so behind I don't quite remember, but just recently, Taylor Swift played a sold out show at the Dallas Cowboy's stadium. Thanks for the generosity of my parents as well as perfectly timed birthdays and Confirmation celebrations, we were able to attend.
After an awesome Chinese meal to fuel us up, we piled into the truck with the most handsome, courageous, and patient chauffeur.....my dad! We only had several blocks to travel since my parents live in the city and pretty much down the road from the stadium, but with the pandemonium of the Rangers playing in the American League Championship Series, as well as the concert, the truck was just not working. After driving two blocks and seeing the sea of people walking, we decided to get out and get moving...too much energy to sit around anyways.
On our way with the wind in our faces...ah!
The ballpark in Arlington where the Rangers did eventually take the title of American League Champions. GO RANGERS! We just "had" to pass this in order to get to the stadium.
Feeling so relieved not to be stuck in this traffic or have to pay a parking ticket! See the stadium in the back?
Okay, how's that for seeing the stadium? Better! Ohhh, we're so excited. Too bad my boot was cutting into my ankle. Ever have someone slice you with a razor blade? Yeah, me either, but it sure felt like that. Well, luckily we were almost there and I was able to patch myself together. :)
Here we are, early even for the pre-show, but we're all smiles. Look at those great seats. Nobody's heads are in front of us. yeah!
Just a glimpse of how crowded it was two hours before Taylor took the stage. I think I remember her saying that the crowd totaled 55,000 fans! Amazing.
Amazing performer....
In disbelief at the reception of the fans.....
Amazing costumes and amazing night! This young lady is a hard worker and it was good, clean fun! Her new nickname in our family is Taylor Sweet! Well, it will be a lifetime memory for Bubbles. Oh that reminds me, I should have taken a picture of her in her T-shirt. She loves wearing it, so I'm sure there will be a shot of her sometime soon in it. Anybody want to play Where's Waldo Taylor swift T-shirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment