Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sweetness goes to the Doctor in honor of the feast of St. Luke

Today was the feast of St. Luke, the writer of two books of the Bible: the gospel of Luke and the Acts of the Apostles. He was a convert of Paul and never encountered Jesus directly. In order to write and share of God's greatness, Luke went about getting testimonies from those who had contact with Christ. He is believed to have been a doctor.

Although it was purely "God-cidence" that our appointment was today, it was, nonetheless, a tie-in to this great saint.

Now, why in the world were we at the doctor's office? Sweetness was getting her 12 month check-up! What? A whole year has gone by? Did I miss the post about her birthday celebration? The answer is, "yes" and "no". It's hard to believe that time has flown by, but harder still to believe is that I didn't have my camera for her birthday! What kind of a mother am I? ? ?

It was a low-key celebration with family and my sister-n-law (no pressure, Aunt Jamie) is going to send me the pictures she took as soon as she can. Below are some pictures I have managed to collect of our precious angel!

This girl is definitely a tinkerer. She's determined to figure things out.
Oh yes, she's also the great imitator!
This is my idea of a pet! :0
There she goes again, figuring things out.
Enjoying the ceremonial bath in grandma's sink! Sweetness makes grandchild number eight bathed in that sink!
Keeping up with the big kids in their playtime. Poor thing. Oh the stuff she puts up with because of Prez. She is such a trooper!

Her appointment went well except for her weight. Even though she continues to gain weight, her weight gain is not significant enough to even land her on the growth chart curve. Everyone, even the doctor, swears she is the epitome of health, but numbers don't lie and she's just burning up too many calories or I'm not giving her enough. I've tried to convince myself that it is because she is walking, and often time sprinting away from Prez, or because the majority of her diet is fruits and vegetables, which fill you up, but don't have high caloric value.

So, my task is to load my fridge with ice cream, butter, mayo, sour cream, cream cheese, etc. and begin loading this girl with the good stuff. Naturally, I'm on the lookout for healthy ways to use these foods and my first attempt tonight was homemade rice pudding. She loved it and so did I. With whole milk, eggs, butter, and rice, I'm thinking it aught to put some meat on her bones.

Any suggestions other than peanut butter milkshakes, or any milkshake for that matter, is welcomed! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment