Friday, January 13, 2012

The Much Anticipated Visit

It's Grandpa Rich! Yeah!!!
And theeeerrrrreeee's Grandma! Hooray!
They came bearing a cuddly, pink, polka-dotted gift!
And this is how true love is expressed....
Can't get enough of each other.
Inseparable.

After the airport, we headed over to my parents for a home cooked lunch. For anyone who has never visited my parents, there are two rules that never get broken.
#1. There is always too much food.
#2. You will always be required to help in the kitchen.
Is my mother-n-law trying to give me the birdie? (Just kidding, I know you love me)
Ahhh, somebody's enjoying dessert a little early.
So happy to be in the kitchen and helping out and loving each other and wait....what?
Sweetness is napping, I'm taking the picture and everyone is yelling at me through their teeth to hurry up so that they can eat. Sigh.
You'll find that she's like an addiction. Once you've picked her up and loved on her, you just can't seem to stop.
More presents for the kiddos. This is my first time to see these. Flavored straws that sweeten your milk. Unfortunately, they work beautifully.
Two thumbs up from the candy lovers.
A little entertainment from Prez. Just remember, you get what you pay for!
We can't spend all our time indoors when we have this beautiful day to enjoy.
I guess Prez is needing a little more attention?
Trying out hubby's hand guns at the gun range. Comparing concealed hand gun licenses from Texas vs. out of state was eye opening. Man! I love the LoneStar State.
Now, Mom gives it a try with the revolver. I personally LOVE this gun. So easy to shoot.
Now, that we've mastered the little stuff, we'll go for the big guns.
Yep! It's a man's best friend.
An evening out-- sans the little ones...what a joy to just enjoy our parents and a conversation with no interruptions.

As for the rest of the visit, we spent one day carving pumpkins for Halloween and attending the local Fall festival where Bubbles and I won prizes in the costume contest. I was a pirate and she was a cavegirl. We both fabricated our costumes. The next night was Halloween and lots O trick or treating. The next day we headed to the airport.

Trick or treating? Yes, folks, I am reliving another big event from this fall. As you can see, we had a fabulous visit with lots of time opportunities for family time. Without a doubt, it is our turn to make the next visit and I hope that will be soon. We miss you guys terribly and love you even more. Thanks for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment