Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The good-bye--for a short time

After all those months of hard work, it was finally time to go to camp. One was beyond ready (Bubbles), one was not ready (me), and one was already sad (Prez).

Prez gives Bubbles her twentieth hug.

This was the farewell dinner per Bubble's request. The recipe is here and totally worth the two second prep.

Fresh from the garden...one marinated in Italian dressing.

Another request of Bubbles. Unfortunately, we made all three dozen, but could only eat a handful. Since no outside food is allowed at camp, that left over two dozen cookies for Mommy to finish. Believe me, with all the nervous energy I had, they were gone by Tuesday. Yes, I know, very sad!
The packing dilemma.

My dear friend, Mitzi, holding Sweetness for me while we get bunk beds made etc.

One of my goddaughters, enjoying her sister's top bunk.

Possible future best friends? One never knows!

The gang! You know that camp farewells have to be a family affair.

Bubbles has been at camp since Sunday and Prez has received two letters already. :) One even said, "Wish you were." (Really????) We have the capability of sending one email a day and how ever many letters and packages. The camp also sends out daily blog, daily photos, and a daily video. All of these things have been a great comfort to me personally.

Since she'll be home before the week is through, I'm sure you'll be seeing some more photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment