Thursday, May 19, 2011

Stop this crazy thing and let me get off

Ever feel like a kid on a tilt a whirl?
How about a hamster in a wheel?
Perhaps a marble in a maze?
When that happens....delegate....or just have cereal for dinner!

Don't you just love her joyfulness? I do!

In crazy days like these, I find solace in the words of Mother Teresa..

"Suffering is a sign of love, because it was chosen by the Father to show us that he loved the world when he gave up his Son to die for us. In that way, through Christ's life, suffering proved to be a gift, the greatest gift of love, because through his suffering our sins were atoned for. When suffering comes to us, we should accept it with a smile (Uh oh...I need work on that), because it is the greatest gift that God gives us. It is a gift to have the courage to accept everything that he sends us."
She also says this..."Happiness can't be found without prayer."

So, if you're having a "pull your hair out day", stop what you have planned (or at least take a few deep breaths) and offer a prayer. Pray in thanksgiving for the health to get around, for healthy kids that can get up and do things, for the food you will eat tonight, the bed you will sleep in, for the job you have, and the safety you will enjoy. For perfect prayer does not consist in many words, but in the heart's desire to be united with Jesus.

Jesus, I trust in you!
Lord, help me.
Nothing is impossible with you, Lord.
Lord, have mercy on me!
I love you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment