Sunday, May 15, 2011

WWJD? What Would Jesus Do?

Remember a few years ago, when the WWJD was a huge Christian rally cry? Well, I thought about it today as we prepared youngsters in our church for their first May crowning. Since May is the month of Mothers, we decided to honor Mary, Jesus' mother with flowers. Why would we do that? I figured that Jesus probably picked tons of flowers for His mother and brought them to her when he was on earth, so why shouldn't we? After all, I didn't choose her for a special role in salvation history, but I sure am going to do what Jesus did and I choose to honor her in a special way.

What do you get with.....
a group of kiddos

bouquets of flowers....

and a beautiful statue?.....

A beautiful May crowning!

Oh yes, the sugar. You didn't think I was going to have a celebration without celebratory food? Yeah, I'm pretty predictable. (I did not make these, by the way). A lady in our parish did.

No comments:

Post a Comment