Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Superbowl Sunday


I know this is late, but I thought I would share with you some of our pre-game festivities. This was the snack since Hubby and Bubbles went to a Superbowl party at the church that night where dinner was served. They are sliders with homemade onion straws. All of it was a copycat idea from the pioneer woman, but I did have to adjust it a bit since I didn't have a few of the ingredients (and running to the store is not really an option).

They turned out delicious though. The recipe is super easy and I hope you have the same success we had. By the way, Bubbles was hoping Green Bay would win. She even made herself a green and yellow hair band to match her green shirt. I wish I had taken a picture of it.

Onion Straws:
1 large onion, sliced very thinly
2 cups of buttermilk
2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon of salt
generous amount of fresh ground pepper
cayenne pepper if desired
oil

Slice your onions and soak in the buttermilk for at least an hour. Heat your oil to 375 degrees. Mix the flour with the spices. Dip your onions into the flour until coated. Fry them until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment