Monday, August 29, 2011

The Feast of St. Monica

This patron saint of mothers is an exemplary example. Through her patience, prayers, and sacrifice, her abusive, pagan husband was converted as well as her mother-in-law.

Perhaps her greatest grief came from knowing that her only Son was leading a sinful and reckless life devoid of God. Through thirty-three years of penance, persistence, and prayer, he finally converted his life. Not only did he become a good Christian, as she prayed, but he became a priest, a bishop, a writer, and a saint! His name is St. Augustine.

These paper ornaments seemed perfect on a day when I didn't feel like doing any extra baking (heating up the house just seems crazy still). I discovered the craft here.

O Saint Monica, help me not to be discouraged if my prayers aren't answered right away. Jesus says to ask and we shall receive, seek and we shall find, knock and it shall be opened. Please intercede for me as I persist in my prayers.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment