Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Where have I been?

Let's see if you can guess.

I've been up an alley,
down the lane,
in the gutter,
and when there was no spare time, I was striking out!

Where have I been?


BOWLING! and having a blast!

In honor of my brother returning to the seminary this Fall and my mom's birthday this month, a bowling party was planned. Not just any party...a competitive one! :)


The first round was girls against boys. Girls started out awesome.... the boys were not too happy about it.

The second round was couples. I'm happy to report that Hubby and I took first place and shared our prize with the second place losers winners. They were great competition. Prize you say? Why, yes, hubby's beer went to Uncle Tom and what was left of my coconut cream pie shake was so "generously" given to Aunt Jamie.



The guest of honor is gearing up for her strike! Her nickname was powerhouse.



Here Uncle Tommy brings some game.



Papa Bear gets serious about his turn. Wait, he's always serious. Okay, Papa Bear gets strategic about his next move.



Melonhead brings it home and gives the boys the lead they were wanting.



"Who says the girls are gonna win?" Uncle Tommy knows this game is in the bag and he's having a BALL. (Hee Hee)


Bubbles has nice form and she achieved her goal of a strike and a spare.



Prez trying to follow the rules and not cross the line or perhaps he was just being as dramatic as always. You never can tell.



Prez is just happy to be here.



Cuz is just being polite by smiling. He really just wanted to bowl. Can you blame the kid?



In the end, the boys triumphed!



I thought we had decent scores though! Our nicknames are the best.


Powerhouse, Strongarm, CashMoney, KnockOut, and BlowEmUp. Oh yea...bring it on!



Did I forget to mention that we passed the baby.



It's early and all is still good.



In Daddy's arms, she is eating french fries (none are better than a bowling alley) and she's still okay.



She's getting a little tired now, but Aunt Jamie knows what she likes.



She's definitely getting tired now.



Oops! We've stayed too long. She's giving her godfather fits!



Even though they lost to their kiddos...this is one happy couple!



Oh yeah, hubby's proof that I do exist. Do you notice my empty arms? I joked with my sister-n-law that I had the highest score because I let everyone else wear out their arms by holding Sweetness. :) Evil, I know!



The famous green ball that brought me much luck! :)



After bowling, we all celebrated at Pappa's Burgers with fried pickles, hot wings, chips and queso, and lots of milkshakes, burgers, and ribs!



It was a night to remember! (Or for some, a night to forget--see you next year when we mop up again. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment