Monday, August 8, 2011

Prez's birthDAY--party pics to follow later

So, Wednesday was Prez's official birthday. Since the big party was only a few days away, we tried to stay simple for a Wednesday. This is what he awoke to.

Remote control from me and hubby. Package from Bubbles.
For breakfast he wanted candy and coke. He ate Lucky Charms instead.
After that he played all morning with car, new Wii game (from Grandma and Granpa) and then decided to open up his new Lego sets (one from Bubbles, two from Grandma and Papa).








For lunch he asked to be served ice cream and coke. He ate a ham sandwich with a coke. :)


After that, I began making the birthday cake. I was attempting to make a lego cake. I thought I could shape it and ice over all flaws for this super cute cake of lego blocks.


I was wrong. It was a disaster.



The crumbs were everywhere and the icing kept rolling down the sides. I opted to serve the other cakes plain with a glob of icing on the side. Pathetic, I know.


For dinner, Prez had begged me for sausage and biscuits and gravy with homemade pancakes. HE GOT IT!


After dinner, Bubbles and her friend had created a treasure chest for Prez with clues on where to find it. He really enjoyed the hunt even though the clues were not rhyming and they didn't quite make sense. Sorry, girls. Y'all need practice.







After this fun, we headed into town to spend his birthday money from Grandma Ann and Papa. He was very happy to buy himself some candy and a few toys.


Once I am able to access my pictures on our main computer, I'll set up a little collection of pictures which show how much he's grown. All in all, it was a wonderful day of celebrating this precious gift of life that we've been blessed to raise. We love this fella!













Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment