Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Love is in the air

Technically, tissue paper is in the air, but oh, how I LOVE making these! So super easy.

Why in the world am I making these? I know you were thinking that. It just so happens that I am in charge of my homeschool group Saint Valentine Party and Talent Show. In an effort to distinguish this event from other events and add to the sense of importance that performing is....I am going to do my best to decorate the parish hall. These awesome tissue balls will be hung from the ceiling at various lengths.
I first saw these at my cousin's baby shower and my aunt showed me how to make them way back this summer. I knew that one day I would be using this idea. So, eight months later, I couldn't remember exactly what to do and lucky for me, I found the idea here.

In addition to the tissue balls, we're going to have white linen table cloths, bud vases with fresh carnations, a program (picture to follow later), some candy, and other decorations on the buffet tables.
Here is what Bubbles and I came up with for the plasticware. It's such a pain, with little kids, to juggle two plates, napkins, plasticware, drink etc. So, we're going to have these already at the table and servers to help carry items to each table. The napkins were $0.97 for 24 and the napkin rings are just computer paper that we punched a heart out of and used a minimal amount of glue stick on the back. In addition to the carnations, candy, and programs on the table, these are going to be the perfect spot of color! I'm so happy that they're easy, cheap, and cute.

The party is this Sunday and I'll be posting pictures then of the entire ensemble. Wish me luck as the next three days are brimming with four other commitments outside of this party. Craaaaazy, but fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment