Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Love one another as I have loved you....

Today was such a fun day! I decided that even though we are attending a Saint Valentine's party where there will be at least 36 kiddos exchanging valentines, I wanted to do something as a family. So, thanks to the Holy Spirit, I decided that we would make valentine boxes and attempt to write one "love note" a day to the other members of the family.

My plan is that on the morning of Saint Valentine's day, we will open our boxes and read our notes while eating a scrumptious breakfast! Sounds great, right?

Above is the picture of the box for Hubby and me.
Here's Prez working so joyfully. Actually, he ended writing about 8 "love notes" today (6 of them to Bubbles). She in turn wrote two for him. The rest of the day he'd walk by his box, shake it, and smile. PRECIOUS.
Here's Bubbles working so joyfully. Between the three of us there was so much laughter that I kind of felt like a school girl again in Mrs. Ramsey's class making my valentines. What a fabulous time! Now, granted, dinner was late, no laundry was done, my cereal is all in bags, and the mess was awful, but hands down it was worth it!
Here is Bubbles' finished box.
Naturally, this is Prez's box.
Lastly, is the box for Sweetness. I told the kids that we'll put her notes in an envelope and store them in her baby book. One day she'll enjoy reading our notes. I'm hoping to be able to write, "Thank you, baby, for taking a three hour nap today. You are awesome!" (wishful thinking)

No comments:

Post a Comment